eLearning and Online Coursework
eLearning and online coursework are common terms that include a number of training methodologies and modalities. Most eLearning methods can be divided into two categories, asynchronous and synchronous learning.
Asynchronous eLearning is a student-centered approach to development, as opposed to, a faculty-centered approach where a live instructor interacts with the student
Synchronous is defined as instructor-led learning because it involves a direct interaction between a student and a faculty member during a set period of time.
SIG University couples the core qualities of each of the learning modalities into our training program. This unified learning approach provides students the flexibility of eLearning with the advantages of faculty and peer-to-peer learning.
The SIG University online learning format provides students:
- Flexible learning schedules
- Scalable access to curriculum
- A classroom experience without time or travel constraints
- The healthy combination of self-directed and facilitated learning
- Robust peer-to-peer conversations generating best practices and mindshare.