Live training is available as part of the certification program or as desired to supplement on-the-job development. Many organizations utilize SIG University’s blended approach for learning and development capitalizing on both online and in-person training. For more information, click here. Live training is also through the SIG U Executive Immersion Program (EIP), an intensive master class providing deep-dive learning.
Executive Immersion Program
The SIG University Executive Immersion Program is designed for real-world situations at executive decision-making levels. These intensive in-person workshops dive deep into topics and provide opportunities for senior procurement, sourcing and outsourcing executives to gather expertise from thought leaders, while simultaneously networking with other local colleagues.
Benefits of the EIP Program
- In-person immersive workshops and master classes
- Local venue with local experts
- Shorter-day format, including lunch
- Precise learning objectives on current, burning topics from experts in the industry
- Tangible learning materials and takeaways for immediate application at the office
- Senior audience targeting executives leading their sourcing, outsourcing and/or procurement function(s)
- Drawing from SIG's membership and subject matter experts, this program will enhance your understanding and knowledge of sourcing, outsourcing and procurement topics
- Qualifies for SIG University Continuing Education Credits
June 15, 2016
8:30 am - 3:00 pm EDT (Breakfast and lunch included)
101 Park Avenue, 39th Floor
New York, NY
This two-part EIP includes the following in-depth topics:
If You Build It (Right), They Will Come: Master Workshop on Contracting
Ed Hansen, Partner, Morgan Lewis
This contracting workshop is specially designed for practitioner sourcing leaders and in-house counsel who engage in the review, creation and/or execution of contracted services and terms. This session is designed to enhance master competencies in contracting and negotiating. Delivered in a highly interactive format beginning with time for networking and concluding with a set of workshops designed to drive home the material, this workshop will include direct examples and experiences from some of the most experienced and innovative practitioners in the industry, with extensive backgrounds in Information Technology-enabled transformation as well as customer and vendor outsourcing deal management. This workshop is back by popular demand and fills up fast.
The learning objectives include:
- Defining an effective contract
- Understanding complex vs. commodity sourcing
- Drafting guidelines and considerations
- Framing, strategy and goals
- Defining a Service Level Agreement (SLA) framework
- Monitoring performance and defining Governance
- Discussing risk elements and mitigation strategies
- Contracting role of the Business Unit (non-Procurement teammates)
- Providing an analytical framework for interaction costs
- Differentiating between deal economics and financials
Buying Technology in a Time of Disruption
Bill Huber, Managing Director, Digital Platforms & Solutions, Alsbridge
At a time when technology is driving business revolution, it's no longer sufficient to have one mode of sourcing. Traditional sourcing is focused on cost reduction, quality, standardization, compliance and risk containment, but there are times when sourcing must instead be focused on disruption, transformation, capability enablement, differentiation and speed, while never losing sight of the basics.
Strategic IT Sourcing now requires adaptive multi-modal approaches to maximize value to the business. In our session, Alsbridge will outline best practices to maximize business value across Hardware, Software, Cloud, Network, Outsourcing and Integrated Solutions sourcing.